Boyer Hall of Science
Boyer Hall is located near Landman Library, Kuch Athletics and Recreation Center, the University Commons (under construction) and Taylor Hall.
Boyer Hall houses the departments of Biology; Chemistry and Physics; Forensic Science; Mathematics and Computer Science; Psychology; Calhoun Amphitheater; Computer Center; greenhouse and the Observatory.
Boyer Hall Highlights
- Calhoun Amphitheatre seats 140 persons, and is acoustically designed for lectures without the use of a sound system. Most lectures have 30-70 students.
- The first floor of Boyer houses the Psychology department, research laboratories and animal lab facilities.
- Atop the building is an observatory equipped with instruments for studying natural phenomena (i.e. stars, planets, sun, moon, etc.). This observatory is used for the Astronomy classes.
- The greenhouse is located on the third floor of Boyer Hall.
- Several campus computer labs are located on the lower level of Boyer Hall. Computers in these labs feature popular software as well as programs used for specific courses. Various types of printers are available in these labs. The labs are open daily during the academic year.