Arcadia University Mission Statement
Arcadia University prepares students for life in a rapidly changing global society. As a comprehensive, independent institution, Arcadia offers men and women a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs on its suburban Philadelphia campus and through its College of Global Studies.
Arcadia University prides itself on meeting the changing educational, career, and developmental needs of students, alumni, and the local community while emphasizing the strengths of a liberal education.
Non-sectarian, with historical ties to the Presbyterian Church, Arcadia University is committed to serving students of all ages and cultural backgrounds. A dedicated community of teacher/scholars, administrators, staff, trustees and students work in genuine collegiality to create a climate for learning and personal growth based upon intellectual challenge and nurturing relationships.
At Arcadia University, the following qualities define educational excellence:
- Skill in critical thinking and effective communication
- Mastery of a major field of knowledge
- Appreciation of multiple disciplinary perspectives and methods of understanding
- Proficiency in applying what is learned
- Ability to work productively in culturally heterogeneous groups
- Understanding of the integral relationships among the peoples of the world
- Commitment to ethical decision making and socially responsible community participation