Missing Person Protocol
Arcadia University requests that every student annually provide, on a voluntary basis, emergency contact information in the event that you are reported missing. This emergency contact information may be the same as or distinct from the contact information you provide in the event of a medical emergency.
- If you suspect that an Arcadia University student living in University housing is missing from campus, please immediately contact a staff member in one of the following offices:
- Public Safety: 215-572-2900 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Student Affairs: 215-572-2933 (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday)
Members of Public Safety and Student Affairs will investigate all reports of missing students they receive. In order to develop a thorough investigation plan staff may utilize the following possible investigation steps including, but not limited to: use of phone, e-mail, text and social media to attempt to reach the student; contact known friends, roommates, faculty, campus employers and others who may have had contact with the student in previous days; explore and verify any use of student ID card activities to enter buildings or make purchases on campus; and consult with other campus authorities who may know the student or specific circumstances or events pertinent to the student and the possible disappearance. If the investigation determines that the student’s whereabouts have been unknown for twenty-four (24) hours, the University will:
- Notify the individual identified as your missing person contact
- Notify a parent or guardian and the appropriate law enforcement agency
If you wish to provide the University with contact information in the event you are reported missing, please access the Emergency Contact Form on MyArcadia.
A distinctively global, integrative and personal learning experience.
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038