Study Abroad at Bond University
"I have never found a place that has felt any more like home than Australia did! I am eternally thankful for the ability to have this life altering experience!"
-Brittany Lee Garcia, George Washington University student, Bond University
- Bond University is a modern, purpose-built campus enrolling 2,700 students, with a student-staff ratio of 10:1.
- Courses are available in business, communications, psychology and the health sciences, many with a specific focus on Australia.
- A unique calendar is offered with three full semesters each year.
Bond University offers a study abroad experience that is different from studying at other Australian universities. Another attribute that makes Bond unique is its academic calendar. With three full semesters every year, one starting in September, one in January, and one in May, Bond offers you the flexibility to study in Australia without missing the opportunity for a summer internship or job back at home.
Outside the classroom you'll find that Bond's location on the Gold Coast is ideal for exploring the environment that makes Australia so unique. Ocean beaches, temperate rainforests and Brisbane, with its 1.7 million people, are all within easy reach by bus. On campus, you'll find a wide variety of recreational facilities and modern housing that's within a five minute walk of your classes.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Fall, spring and summer semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall and Full Year: April 20
- Spring: October 15
- Summer: March 31