Study Abroad at Lancaster University
- Lancaster University is located in the northwest of England, one hour from Manchester and the beautiful Lake District.
- Ranked in the global top 1%, Lancaster is a collegiate university with a world-class reputation for research and teaching excellence
- Award winning accommodation, in 8 colleges on one of the safest campuses in the UK.
This text will be replaced
Learn more about Lancaster
Lancaster has more than 30 departments offering a wide range of courses in arts, social sciences, humanities, natural and physical sciences, computing and IT, and creative and performing arts.
The Study Abroad team offer a dedicated service and are on hand to help with any questions upon arrival.
Lancaster University is a safe and friendly campus, 3 miles from the small but buzzing city of Lancaster. With superb transport links, Lancaster is an easy gateway to Manchester, London and Edinburgh and the Lake District National Park.
The award winning student accommodation is divided into 8 colleges, each with its own leisure and social activities. There are over 200 societies and sports clubs that you can join, not to mention the £20m state of the art sports centre, with swimming pool, health suite, climbing wall, gym and dance floor!
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Pre-session: 4 credits.
- Fall term: 12 credits.
- Spring two terms: 18-24 credits.
- Academic year: 30-32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: April 20
- Spring semester: October 15
- Academic year: April 20