Study Abroad at the University of Melbourne
- Melbourne was ranked the World's Most Liveable City by The Economist in 2012.
- University of Melbourne offers a campus of 30,000 situated at the center of Melbourne.
- You will find a comprehensive research university that integrates study abroad easily into your academic program.
- It is an interdisciplinary Australian Centre featuring courses on culture, politics and environment along with fieldwork.
- Special course options are available for Pre-Med students.
Ivy-covered walls, state-of-the-art facilities and a five-minute walk to hundreds of restaurants and cafes - this describes the University of Melbourne, one of Australia's leading institutions. Situated in the heart of the city, the University maintains its own clearly defined community and campus.
More than 30,000 students and nearly 2,000 teaching staff provide ample opportunity to develop new friendships and become integrated in Australian academic and student life. You'll also be amazed at the number of courses available to you. The Faculty of Arts alone has more than 400 subjects in 40 departments. Add to that other popular Faculties like Science, Engineering and Commerce and Economics and the hardest part will be deciding what to take.
There is a special service learning opportunity available at Melbourne. The service learning course, Community Volunteering for Change, will include an 80-hour placement in a non-profit organization as well as pre-and post-placement seminars facilitated by academic and professional staff at the University of Melbourne and representatives from various community NGO’s. Please contact Carly Gordon for more details.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit:
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: March 15
- Spring semester: November 15
- Academic year: March 15
CRICOS Provider Number: 00116K