Australian Parliamentary Internship
- The Australian National Internship Program (ANIP) is a unique and exceptional opportunity.
- You will have to provide complete research for a member or senator of the Australian Parliament, or for a public service agency, industry or community organization, or lobby group.
- You will have access to all the facilities of Australian National University.
As Australia's capital city, Canberra is an ideal place to learn about the Australian Parliament and policy making. It's the home of Australia's federal government and serves as the headquarters for all federal departments as well as for many national associations and lobby groups.
You'll spend two and a half to four days per week for eleven weeks on your internship, and can opt to enroll in the internship course option that includes a component that will introduce you to Australian politics and public policy. Best of all, you won't be in the program with just Americans. Australians from all around the country participate on the program as well. You'll also have access to all of the social activities of Australian National University.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the following hours of credit.
- Fall and spring semester: 16 credits.
- Academic year: 32 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall: March 15
- Spring: November 15
CRICOS Provider Number: 00120C