University of Westminster
Return to England Housing Information Page
Please contact your program manager at Arcadia if you have any questions about housing.
All Westminster students will be expected to accept University of Westminster accommodation if available. However, Arcadia cannot guarantee placement in a particular residence hall, and students are sometimes placed in an alternate choice of residence. When filling out the housing form, it is important to rank all residences in order of preference.
- Your placement in the University of Westminster Housing depends on the campus in which your program is based.
- If you select two or more classes that are based at the Harrow Campus (denoted by course codes beginning with “2”), then you will be housed at the Harrow Halls of Residence on the Harrow Campus.
- If you have a majority of your classes at our central London campuses, then you will be housed in one of the central London Halls of Residences.
- If you change your class registrations after you arrive at Westminster, you will still be housed according to your original course selections. It is extremely difficult to change housing after arrival.
- There are NO exceptions to this policy.
- Westminster accommodation is self-catered and does not offer meal plans.
- Each of the halls of residence provides fully furnished kitchens including microwaves and storage cabinets.
- Laundry facilities are available in all residences.
- All residences now have wireless internet access. Students may need to pay an activation fee directly to the university in order to use this service.
- You will need to provide your own bedding (duvet, sheets, duvet cover, pillowcases), towels, cutlery and cookery. We suggest that you purchase these items when you arrive on campus, as it is not worth fitting those items into your luggage. It is suggested that £40 should be enough to cover kitchen and linen costs.
- Students should expect to commute to their classes; depending on your housing placement and the campus of study, 10-45 minutes would be considered a normal commute.
*NOTE – a supplementary housing fee will be charged for students living in Harrow Hall. Please see our fee information at http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/fees for the current cost.
- Harrow Hall is located on Harrow Campus, near Harrow Town Centre
- Harrow is located in northwestern London, and you can expect a 35-50 minute commute each way to any of the other Westminster campuses.
- Students are accommodated in single ensuite bedrooms in six-student flats
- All flats feature shared, fully equipped kitchens and bathrooms and a large common room with TV.
- Harrow Campus shops and the sports centre are a short walk from Harrow Hall.
Housing Options: Central London Campuses
Alexander Fleming Halls
*NOTE – a supplementary housing fee will be charged for students living in Alexander Fleming Halls. Please see our fee information at http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/fees for the current cost.
- Located in a vibrant and fashionable area of London near the Barbican, Brick Lane and the City of London
- Easy access to the the Old Street tube station
- Bedrooms are in flats for six to eight students within the Hall's three to four story blocks.
- Flats for six have two shared bathrooms, and flats for eight have three bathrooms
- Each flat has a large kitchen / dining area with TV provided.
*NOTE – a supplementary housing fee will be charged for students living in Marylebone Hall. Please see our fee information at http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/fees for the current cost.
- Located in a very central area of London near Regent’s Park
- Within easy reach of the Baker Street tube station with excellent links to the rest of London
- Marylebone Hall has been completely refurbished and now offers 233 brand new single rooms with ensuite bathroom and shower facilities.
- The kitchen and dining areas have also been completely remodeled and feature new appliances
Housing Between Terms
- Housing is included for the entire program, including any breaks or holidays that fall between the starting and ending dates.
- Only full year students are eligible for housing over the Christmas holiday.
- Each student will be responsible for making arrangements with the accommodations officer and for paying the appropriate fees, if necessary. If fees are required, students should submit receipts to Arcadia's London Office for reimbursement.
- Students may be asked to change rooms over long breaks.
- If students do not wish to remain in residence over the term breaks, they may be asked to store your belongings. Storage areas will be made available.