Ready to Go to Tanzania
All foreigners from non-Commonwealth countries are required to have a valid visa unless their countries have agreements with Tanzania under which the visa requirement is waived (The Unites States DOES NOT have such an agreement).
There are two choices for obtaining a Multiple Entry Visa for Tanzania:
- Obtain prior to departure
- Obtain in person when entering the country.
Arcadia University encourages students to obtain their visa prior to departure.
If you choose to obtain your visa prior to departure you can submit your application to either:
The Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania (located in Washington D.C.)
The Permanent Mission of the United Republic of Tanzania to the United Nations (located in New York City)
- Completed visa application form. Please visit the visa section on the respective website to download an application. Use the DC Embassy sample application or the UN Mission sample application as a guide.
- Valid Passport (valid at least six months past the requested visa date).
- Two recent passport sized photos.
- Proof of round trip travel plans (i.e flight itinerary) to Tanzania.
- Arcadia University Letter of Support. Provided to students individually.
- A self-addressed return mailer (please choose a trackable option such as UPS or Registered, Certified Priority or Express Mail from the USPS).
- VISA FEE:
- US passport visa fee is $100USD for both 6 month single and 12 month Multiple Entry.
- Non US passport visa fee is $100USD for Multiple Entry.
- Please be certain to apply for a Multi Entry Visa.
- Payment is in the form of MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK made payable to Tanzania Embassy or Tanzania Mission to the U.N.
Where to Send Your Application
Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania
1232 22nd St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
TEL: 202-884-1080 / 202-939-6125
Permanent Representative of Tanzania to the United Nations
201 East 42nd Street, Suite 1700
New York, N.Y. 10017
Walk-in applications are also accepted at both locations.
The visa hours are: 9:00AM – 1:00PM in DC and 9:30AM – 1:00PM in NY
Obtain Visa in Person When Entering Tanzania
If you choose to obtain your visa upon entry into Tanzania – please see the visa requirements listed above.
- Provide all of the above requirements at point of entry.
- Visa Fee: Payment of $100USD. Newer, higher denomination bills are preferred. ($100 or $50)
Resident Permit Requirements
All students (semester & summer) are required to apply for a Resident Permit within their first few weeks in Tanzania. The Arcadia staff in Tanzania will help students through this additional process during the course of the program. Upon acceptance, students are asked to complete a Resident Permit application form and submit the form with copies of all pages of their passport to The College of Global Studies in order to facilitate this process.
If you have any questions regarding the visa process email your program manager or call 1-866-927-2234.