Arcadia Center in Greece &
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Athens
students volunteered in Athens with Alma Zois
, the Panhellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer. The students' involvement in Alma Zois was in support of Professor Eleni Calligas, an Arcadia faculty member in modern Greek history who is also a breast and lung cancer survivor.
This fall, the Arcadia Center for Hellenic, Mediterranean and Balkan Studies has begun to work wiith Alma Zois to help organize and run the first ever Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Athens in late September.
- Offer assistance and support with the English language promotional materials
- Work the route on the day of the race
- Inform students before arrival so they can think of ways, beyond participating, to help
- Enlist the assistance of students who have been involved with a similar race in the US
- Host talks/discussions on volunteering, organization, and cancer awareness in Greece
- Encourage students to run
Return to Global Leadership page