Student Travel Information South Africa
Understanding Your Options
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight.
Additionally, all students are required to in be attendance for the beginning of their Arcadia orientation, which coincides with the posted program arrival date.
In order to connect you with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date, you will need to be aware of the arrival instructions below. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia's Logistics Manager, Rich Conroy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arcadia in-country staff will be on hand at designated times on the program arrival date to assist students arriving independently.
Meeting Up with Staff: Please refer to the "What to Expect When I Arrive" section for the time and location of the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Joining Up with the Group: When available, students arriving just prior to the group flight arrival time are welcome to join the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Arriving Prior to Scheduled Arrival Date/ Arriving Late: Students arriving on an earlier date or later than the designated staff pick-up times on the scheduled arrival day will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation venue or program.
Review Your Program Dates
Please visit the Arcadia program calendar page to review your scheduled arrival date before booking your travel.
What to Expect When I Arrive in South Africa?
Program Arriving Flight Details
No group flights are arranged for students studying in South Africa; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking your flight through our travel provider, Student Universe (click the Student Universe logo below.)
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
- If you are interested in group transportation provided by Arcadia, book a flight that arrives into Cape Town between 7:00am and 3:00pm (between 7:00am and noon for the summer Community Development program) on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Please contact your Program Manager immediately if you are unable to locate an itinerary that meets this requirement. Attendance is mandatory at your Arcadia orientation in Cape Town.
- Students who arrive in Cape Town between 7:00am and 3:00pm (between 7:00am and noon for the summer Community Development program) on the scheduled arrival date of their program will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to their orientation accommodation. Transportation will depart at various times throughout the morning. Students must complete the Online Flight Form prior to their departure in order to qualify for this group transportation.
- If you plan on arriving after 3:00pm (or noon for the summer Community Development program) and would like to be met at the airport, you must arrive on the day prior to your scheduled arrival date. Transportation and accommodation will be arranged by Arcadia staff for students arriving one day early; however, any additional expenses for these arrangements will be the arriving student's responsibility
- For most inter-continental flights, you will need to depart the U.S. 1 or 2 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- If you choose to arrive more than a day early, all transportation and accommodation arrangements will be your responsibility until the scheduled arrival date for your program.
- Remember to complete the Online Flight Form. You must supply your flight details to Arcadia prior to departure in order to qualify for group transportation from the airport.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Advantages of Working with Student Universe
High Level of Support
- Opportunity to consult with Arcadia staff and Student Universe agents familiar with our programs and destinations.
- Knowledgeable check-in assistance at airport for large group departures
- 24/7 Call Center
- Low Student Airfare - Competitive group and individual rates
- Date Change Flexibility - Don't get stuck with a unchangeable & nonrefundable ticket from another booking website
- Limited Additional Fees - Arcadia & Student Universe partner to keep cost to a minimum
- Comprehensive Booking - Ability to book one ticket from departure to destination, limiting baggage hassles during connections
Send Us Your Travel Arrangements