Student Travel Information Tanzania
Understanding Your Options
Arcadia University attempts to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. All students are responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flight.
Additionally, all students are required to in be attendance for the beginning of their Arcadia orientation, which coincides with the posted program arrival date.
In order to connect you with Arcadia in-country staff on the program arrival date, you will need to be aware of the arrival instructions below. If you have any questions about booking your overseas travel, please contact Arcadia’s Logistics Manager, Rich Conroy, at email@example.com
Individual Travel: Arcadia in-country staff will be on hand at designated times on the program arrival date to assist students arriving independently.
Meeting Up with Staff: Please refer to the “What to Expect When I Arrive" section for the time and location of the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Joining Up with the Group: When available, students arriving just prior to the group flight arrival time are welcome to join the Arcadia staff airport pick-up.
Arriving Prior to Scheduled Arrival Date/ Arriving Late: Students arriving on an earlier date or later than the recommended flight arrival time on the scheduled arrival day should contact Arcadia to discuss transportation from the airport.
Review Your Program Dates
Please visit the Arcadia program calendar page to review your scheduled arrival date before booking your travel.
What to Expect When I Arrive in Tanzania?
Fall/Spring/Summer Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is no group flight arranged for Tanzania students, however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking through our travel provider Student Universe (click the Student Universe link below).
Most students fly into nearby Kilimanjaro on the daily flight from Amsterdam (the Arusha airport only serves domestic flights). Depending on the time of year, this flight is either KLM #571 or #569, and is jointly operated by Delta.
- Remember to review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- Please contact your program manager if you plan to arrive on a different flight from the one listed above, or if you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar. Students may need to make independent transportation and accommodation arrangements.
- Complete the Online Flight Form.
- In the event that your flight is delayed, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
Booking Your Travel
- Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights, on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings.
- To book your travel, please visit the Student Universe/Arcadia website and choose your appropriate country and program.
Advantages of Working with Student Universe
High Level of Support
- Opportunity to consult with Arcadia staff and Student Universe agents familiar with our programs and destinations.
- Knowledgeable check-in assistance at airport for large group departures
- 24/7 Call Center
- Low Student Airfare - Competitive group and individual rates
- Date Change Flexibility - Don’t get stuck with a unchangeable & nonrefundable ticket from another booking website
- Limited Additional Fees - Arcadia & Student Universe partner to keep cost to a minimum
- Comprehensive Booking - Ability to book one ticket from departure to destination, limiting baggage hassles during connections.
Send Us Your Travel Arrangements