Summer Study Abroad in Granada
Course Registration Instructions and Form
How to Select Your Courses from the Online Listings
A list of the courses available to study abroad students in Granada can be found at http://www.arcadia.edu/abroad/default.aspx?id=23014.
As you will see, there are 2 program options:
- Option 1—Intensive Spanish Language Program (CILE)
- Option 2—Intensive Spanish Language and Culture Program (CILYC)
Students must place into Intermediate A to be eligible for Option 2. Upon arrival in Granada, students will be placed into language levels determined by an exam administered by the Centro de Lenguas Modernas. Please read about these options carefully and the courses that follow.
You need to select in the electronic course form (available on your Arcadia Passport) whether you intend on studying abroad for Session I (June), Session II (July), or both Session I & II (June and July).
- Students at all levels of Spanish can be accommodated in the Granada summer program.
- All students will take at least one Intensive Spanish language course.
- Students will earn 6 credits per session, and can choose to participate in one or both summer sessions for a total of 12 credits.
- Students will be placed in an appropriate Spanish language class according to their proficiency level. Upon arrival in Granada, students will take a Spanish language proficiency exam.
- You will not know your level of placement until orientation.
Making Sure Your Credits Will Transfer Back
It is your responsibility to make sure that you are registered for a full academic load according to your home school and that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit to your home school. While every effort will be made to accommodate your course selections, Arcadia University does not guarantee placement in any course. You will formally register for courses upon arrival to the University of Granada.
We suggest that you secure approval for at least 3-4 courses per session. List your choices in order of interest. Your first choices may not be available due to schedule changes, time conflicts or cancellations. Flexibility is very important.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call Francisco Guiller, your program manager, at 1-866-927-2234, or email email@example.com.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.