Umbra Institute General Studies
and Intensive Italian Programs
Summer Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is no group flight arranged for this program; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe (click the link below).
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
- Book a flight that arrives in Rome prior to, or no later than 2:00 pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Students arriving by 2:00 pm will be met at the Rome- Fiumicino Airport (FCO) and transported to the orientation venue/hotel. Please contact Arcadia if you have any questions.
- Students arriving after 2:00 pm will be responsible for their own transportation to the orientation hotel in Rome. Hotel information and other orientation details will be emailed to students as part of their final pre-departure email (approximately two weeks before departure).
- If you book a flight that enters directly into Rome (For instance, if you fly directly from Boston to Rome) then you can receive a stamp in your passport that will be your “Declaration of Presence.” You must ask for this stamp when you go through passport control. If you receive this stamp, no further action is required. If you book on the Group Flight, then you will fly directly into Rome and will just need to request the stamp when you go through passport control.
If you book a flight that has a lay-over in another European city and then enters Rome (For instance if you fly from Boston to Frankfurt, then to Rome) you will need to declare your presence to the local police within 8 days of your arrival to Italy (“Declaration of Presence”). This paperwork costs about 30 Euros. If you want to avoid this fee you can either request the stamp at passport control or book a flight that arrives directly into Rome.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you will be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students. Please keep this in mind when booking your flights.
- If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- In the event that other transportation arrangements can be made – please be in contact with your Program Manager after you have provided Arcadia with a confirmed flight itinerary.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on individual fares for available flights.