Accademia Italiana in Florence Arrival Information
Italy Summer Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is no group flight arranged for this program; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe (click the link below).
- Book a flight that arrives into Florence - Peretola Airport (FLR) no later than 2:00pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Accademia Italiana staff will be at the Florence Arrivals Terminal (the only terminal in this small airport) from 11:00am - 2:00pm to greet students and facilitate transportation directly to the students’ housing, meet landlords and to start orientation with the group.
If your flight arrives at a much earlier time than the designated pick-up, you may wish to wait for Accademia staff or to take a taxi directly to your apartment. If you choose to go directly to your student housing you will need to contact Accademia Italiana and Arcadia to let them know the time of your arrival so that they may contact your landlord and make sure that someone will be at your apartment to let you in and give you the keys.
- Students arriving independently are required to note this on their Flight Form and to email their Program Manager to let them know when they are arriving so that Accademia staff can arrange for them to meet with their landlords and access housing on the day of orientation.
- Students arriving after 2:00pm will be responsible for their own transportation to the student apartment. Just like for students who arrive early or wish to travel independently, the safest bet is to get in touch so that Accademia can try to coordinate plans between apartment landlords and the student. In this vein, please don’t forget that Arcadia requires you to notify us about independent travel plans by emailing and making sure you include this in the Online Flight Form.
- It is the responsibility of every student to attend the mandatory orientation on the program’s official arrival day.
- For reference, program housing can only be accessed during the program dates, never before.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase (e.g. date/flight changes, baggage allowance, etc.). Any related questions should be addressed directly to your airline, agent or Student Universe. While Arcadia cannot make or amend travel arrangements, you are always welcome to address concerns to our Logistics Support Manager, Rich Conroy.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students. Please keep this in mind when booking your flights.
- If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on individual fares on available flights.