Accademia Italiana in Florence Arrival Information
Italy Fall Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is a group flight arranged for Florence students to consider purchasing. Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe click the link below.
When booking your flight, please keep the following in mind:
- Book a flight that arrives into Florence Peretola Airport (FLR) no later than 2:20pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program. Accademia Italiana staff will be at the Florence Arrivals Terminal (the only terminal in this small airport) to greet students and facilitate transportation directly to the students’ housing, meet landlords and to start orientation with the group.
If your flight arrives at a much earlier time than the designated pick-up time, you may wish to sit at a café in the terminal and wait for Accademia staff. This is important as only Accademia staff can take you to your apartments and have you meet your landlord before proceeding to orientation.
- Students arriving independently are required to note this on their Flight Form and to email their Program Manager to let them know when they are arriving so that Accademia staff can arrange for them to meet with their landlords and access housing on the day of orientation. For reference, program housing can only be accessed during the program dates, never before or afterwards.
- Students arriving after 2:20pm will be responsible for their own transportation to orientation, although Accademia staff will make an effort to collect each and every student. Just like for students who arrive very early or wish to travel independently, the safest bet is to get in touch so that Accademia can try to coordinate plans between apartment landlords and the student. In this vein, please don’t forget that Arcadia requires you to notify us about independent travel plans by emailing and making sure you include this in the Online Flight Form.
- Regardless of arriving early, late or during the designated Accademia pick-up time windows, it is the responsibility of every student to attend the mandatory orientation on the program’s official arrival day.
- For reference, program housing can only be accessed during the program dates, never before or afterwards.
- Please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase (e.g. date/flight changes, baggage allowance, etc.). Any related questions should be addressed directly to your airline, agent or Student Universe. While Arcadia cannot make or amend travel arrangements, you are always welcome to address concerns to our Logistics Support Manager, Rich Conroy.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students. Please keep this in mind when booking your flights.
- If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on individual fares on available flights.