Student Arrival Information
Digging Abroad: Field School in Archaeology
Italy Summer Programs Arriving Flight Details
There is no group flight for students participating on the Field School in Archaeology Program; however, Arcadia recommends that you consider booking this flight through our travel provider Student Universe (click the Student Universe logo below).
In order to be eligible for transportation arranged by Arcadia in-country staff from the airport, you must do the following:
- Book a flight that arrives in Catania (CTA) no later than 3:00 pm on the scheduled arrival date for your program.
- Arcadia staff will be at the Catania airport to meet all students arriving by 3:00pm. Students arriving earlier can wait for Arcadia staff in the arrivals area.
- Provide Arcadia with a confirmed flight itinerary. Online Flight Form
- Indicate whether you would like to be included in transportation from the airport.
- There isn’t a group flight organized for the Summer 2011 Digging Abroad Program.
- In the event that your flight is delayed or you choose to arrive after the designated arrival time, you may be responsible for traveling independently from the airport to the orientation site.
- If you plan to arrive prior to the scheduled arrival date listed on your program calendar, all transportation and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the student.
- Housing is not available until the scheduled arrival date of your program.
- In the event that other transportation arrangements can be made – please be in contact with your Program Manager after you have provided Arcadia with a confirmed flight itinerary.
- Once you have made your booking, you are required to complete the Online Flight Form.
- Finally, please review all of the rules and regulations that apply to your ticket prior to purchase.
Arcadia University partners with Student Universe to provide discounted student fares on designated Group Flights or on suggested available flights.