Health and Accident Insurance
- Excellent health care is available in or near all of our program sites. Although many students have health insurance which can be used overseas, Arcadia provides a health and accident insurance plan for all program participants.
- Arcadia's plan is offered through HTH Worldwide and underwritten by HM Life Insurance Company, Pittsburgh, PA. Arcadia automatically enrolls all students (except those going to New Zealand) in this plan.
- The plan is effective throughout the duration of the participant's program. There is no deductible per injury or illness, and the maximum medical expenses of the policy for accident or sickness is $500,000.
- Additional information about the HTH Worldwide plan will be emailed to students upon acceptance to an Arcadia University program.
- Students attending programs in New Zealand will be provided with the New Zealand government's mandated insurance plan. Please contact the New Zealand program manager for more information.
- A copy of Arcadia's insurance certificate with HTH Worldwide is available here.
Arcadia Enrolls You
Personalized information and support for participants about health care and prescription medication is available through "Well Prepared" at www.hthstudents.com.
HTH Worldwide will send an e-mail to accepted students automatically. The e-mail will contain information about coverage, the individual ID number and certificate number with HTH. Students can then print an ID card and activate a "Well Prepared" profile.
HTH Worldwide also has a website which includes information for parents. Parents can go to www.hthparents.com and create a sign-in with their son's or daughter's e-mail address.
Parent(s) have access to provider information and health and safety services. In order for a parent to have access to any personalized information on "Well Prepared," they must request access online from their son or daughter.
Travel/Personal Property Insurance
We strongly encourage you to obtain insurance against theft and/or damage to your personal effects for the period of time you will be abroad. Arcadia University does not provide insurance for your possessions.
The Arcadia University College of Global Studies engages in regular reviews of its insurance coverage to ensure that the highest standards of quality are met and that the program is easy for students and their parents to contact both in the U.S. and overseas.
Please contact Arlene Snyder, Director of Health, Safety and Security, with any questions about insurance coverage, at 1-866-927-2234.