Mission of The College of Global Studies
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University prepares students for lives of informed contribution in a rapidly changing global society. Through strategic institutional partnerships, innovative academic, experiential and co-curricular
programming expressed in diverse and challenging global contexts, students learn to think critically, observe skillfully, reflect thoughtfully and participate meaningfully.
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University offers:
- An extensive list of course offerings at more than one hundred program sites. These courses range in length from an academic year to three weeks and cover almost every imaginable subject area.
- Comprehensive guidance that begins the minute students talk to one of our staff members and doesn't end until students have adjusted to life back in the U.S.
- In-country staff who provide orientation, arrange extra-curricular activities, and will be there if students have academic, personal, cultural or health and safety concerns.
- Access to programs for a diverse group of students. We offer scholarships, assistance to students with disabilities, and experienced staff throughout the world to make sure that participants' needs are being met.
- Close attention to the health and safety of all our program participants. We have staffed phone numbers that you can call 24-hours a day and we provide health and accident insurance.
Other institutional characteristics that contribute to the Arcadia experience are: