Mission of The College of Global Studies
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University advances the University’s mission to prepare students for life in a rapidly changing global society. Because international learning is an essential component of an effective undergraduate education, Arcadia is committed to providing high-quality, academically sound and experientially rich study abroad programs and support services to a wide range of students and institutions.
Aspects of this mission have existed throughout the history of The College of Global Studies and today the mission is at the core of everything we do. One of the ways we apply it to our programs is through the Arcadia Commitment.
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University offers:
- An extensive list of course offerings at more than one hundred program sites. These courses range in length from an academic year to three weeks and cover almost every imaginable subject area.
- Comprehensive guidance that begins the minute students talk to one of our staff members and doesn't end until students have adjusted to life back in the U.S.
- In-country staff who provide orientation, arrange extra-curricular activities, and will be there if students have academic, personal, cultural or health and safety concerns.
- Access to programs for a diverse group of students. We offer scholarships, assistance to students with disabilities, and experienced staff throughout the world to make sure that participants' needs are being met.
- Close attention to the health and safety of all our program participants. We have staffed phone numbers that you can call 24-hours a day and we provide health and accident insurance.
Other institutional characteristics that contribute to the Arcadia experience are: