Study Abroad Alumni
International Job Search
Whether you're hoping to work abroad or for a U.S.-based organization with international ties, establishing contacts is an essential part of any job search.
- Reestablish any current overseas connections by phone, email or mail.
- Visit your college's student resource or career center and use the available resources to make a list of overseas companies or U.S.
companies with overseas operations that you would like to pursue as employers.
- Do some preliminary research on these companies and get the names of people to write to in the companies that you have chosen.
- Ask your institution's alumni office for names of alumni based abroad whom you could contact for informational interviews.
- Polish your resume to highlight your international experiences (study abroad, language abilities, work experiences with international companies, course work with international/global aspects).
- Look into working in international education: study abroad or other fields. Volunteer in your study abroad office and/orvolunteer to be an alumni advisor for Arcadia.
You may also find the following links helpful: