Study Abroad in the United Kingdom
Student Visitor Visa Information for Visa Nationals
Return to the main United Kingdom visa page
Please read all of this information very carefully.
Who Should Apply?
If the following statements apply to you, then you should apply for a Student Visitor Visa in advance:
- You are studying in the UK for six months or less.
- Your citizenship classifies you as a visa national.
- To check to see if you need to apply in advance, check UKVI's website. If you do, your result will say "You’ll need a visa to study in the UK".
- You do not intend to work or intern while studying abroad.
Because you will need to include documentation sent in your visa pack, you should not begin online application until you receive this information from Arcadia.
The application process for the advance Student Visitor Visa requires you to:
- Complete an online application for entry clearance
- Undergo a biometrics appointment (enroll your fingerprints and facial image at a USCIS office)
- Mail your complete visa application - including materials that will be sent to you from Arcadia University - to the British Consulate in New York City (for applications made from within the United States)
After you complete your biometrics appointment, you will need to submit all of your application materials to the British Consulate within two weeks.
If your application is incomplete and this window of time closes, you will need to reapply from the beginning and re-pay all visa application fees.
Approximately two months before your departure, you will receive a visa pack from Arcadia University. At that time, you should begin the visa application process. Once you receive your visa pack you should apply for your visa immediately.
If you will be traveling internationally in the months leading up to your program start date, please contact your Program Manager as soon as possible.
You will need to mail your passport to the British Consulate for visa processing, so it is important that we are aware of your plans so that we can advise accordingly.