Study Abroad in China
The Alliance for Global Education is a partnership of The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University and the Institute for Study Abroad at Butler University, formed with the vision of opening non-traditional destinations to an ever-growing and more diverse U.S. undergraduate population.
- Eight culturally engaged and academically challenging programs in China:
- Opportunity to complete a full- or part-time internship in Shanghai or Beijing with a Chinese and foreign-owned companies, research institutes, NGOs, or media and art studios.
- A required capstone research project challenges students to engage with the community and deepen their understanding of Chinese policy, society, culture, or business practice.
- Week-long field study trips complement the academic focus of each program and introduce students to another part of China they may not otherwise see.
- All student housing arrangements foster ongoing language immersion and cultural exchange through Chinese roommates, language partners, or host families.
- Supported by a team of experts in study abroad, Chinese language instruction, and East Asian studies, both in the U.S. and in China.
- Summer programs also available in all locations. See the Alliance website for more details.