Minor in Accounting
The minor in Accounting is designed to provide non-business majors with in-depth training in the accounting field. Students who complete the minor by taking the appropriate eight Accounting courses will meet most, but not all of the requirements to sit for the CPA examination in Pennsylvania and other states.
(24 credits as listed below)
1. Eight courses in Business Administration
- BA 201 Financial Accounting
- BA 202 Managerial Accounting
- BA 222 Intermediate Accounting I
- BA 223 Intermediate Accounting II
- BA 225 Cost Accounting
- BA 326 Federal Tax Accounting
- BA 327 Auditing
- BA 328 Advanced Accounting
While not required to sit for the CPA examination, students who wish to use undergraduate courses to meet the requirements for licensure effective 1/1/2012 will need to take two additional accounting related courses to be arranged with the Coordinator for Accounting. (BA381 and BA382 are recommended.) In addition, a total of 150 credits would be required.