Real-world Leadership Skills for a Global Marketplace
- Preparation for careers in business, industry and not-for profits
- Preparation for graduate programs in law, business, public administration or economics
- Computer simulations in first-, third-, and fourth-year courses
- Experiential, integrative learning through case studies
- Real-world experience through internships
- Opportunities to spend a semester or a year abroad, or to do an internship abroad at some of the top universities around the world
- Preparation for certification examination
Today’s businesses operate in a global environment. They need socially responsible leaders who can think critically and communicate effectively. Companies require professionals with domestic and international awareness of intercultural issues and the ability to utilize new technologies and adapt to new situations. Whether you imagine yourself leading a corporate board of directors, establishing a successful entrepreneurial enterprise or working for a multinational firm, Arcadia University’s School of Global Business will give you the tools to become a leader in your field. Combining solid liberal arts studies with hands-on learning experiences inside and outside of the classroom, a business degree from Arcadia will prepare you to enter the working world a culturally competent professional and individual.
Core Competencies include: Communication, Critical Thinking, Ethical Behavior, Global/Cultural Awareness, Information Technology, Personal Development.
Business programs utilize experiential learning techniques for active involvement in the learning process. These techniques facilitate understanding the external and internal conditions facing organizations and the concepts, tools and techniques that can be used to deal with various conditions. Students learn through simulations, case studies and experiential activities, internships, presentations, study abroad, and hands-on use of technology.
Arcadia's School of Global Business Courses
Arcadia's School of Global Business courses are designed to
- Provide the student with an understanding of external forces, including the technological, legal, political, cultural and economic conditions that influence organizations and managerial decision making.
- Expose the student to each of the major internal functions (accounting and finance, marketing, operations, and human resources) that organizations must perform to succeed.
- Develop the student's interpersonal, communication, team-management, quantitative and writing skills.
- Encourage the student to develop an organizational point of view and integrate what he or she has learned.
- Offer the student an international perspective through both coursework and travel opportunities.
Accreditation and Memberships
Arcadia's School of Global Business programs (Accounting, Business Administration, International Business & Culture, Health Administration, Management Information Systems, Chemistry & Business and MBA) are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
ACBSP Reporting: Click here for data from our most recent Quality Assurance Report filed with ACBSP and other relevant School of Global Business data.
Arcadia is a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and the Middle Atlantic Association of Colleges of Business Administration (MAACBA).
Students in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Administration, International Business and Culture, Management Information Systems, and the M.B.A. with a Global Perspective who rank in the top 20 percent of the junior, senior or master’s class are eligible for invitation to membership in the Arcadia University chapter of Delta Mu Delta, the international honor society in business.