International Education Week
Each year in November, Arcadia University celebrates International Education Week, an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide through a series of campus activities.
The week is sponsored by Arcadia's College of Global Studies, the Curriculum Committee of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Community Services, Education Department, International Club, International Programs and Initiatives, International Services, Modern Languages, Multicultural Affairs, Parkhurst Dining Services and Student Activities. For more information about Arcadia's celebration, contact the Office of International Services.
International Education Week is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, and is part of an effort to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.
Schedule of Events
Monday, Nov. 14
- Empty Bowl, Grey Towers Castle, Seatings: 4:30p.m., 5:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m.
Arcadia University will be hosting its 16th annual Empty Bowl Benefit Dinner, an important event that brings together the surrounding community with our campus community and raises awareness of the hunger and homelessness that exists in our area and abroad.
Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Study Away Fair, The Chat Performing Area, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Talk with Office of International Affairs staff and study abroad returnees about the 100+ programs Arcadia offers. Information will be available about short-term, semester and academic opportunities around the globe.
- Jon McCourt Film, Brubaker 102, 2-4 p.m.
In the style of the Theater of the Oppressed, this film gives voice to people affected by the violent past of the conflict in Northern Ireland through sharing their painful stories as both victims and perpetrators. The film is approximately one hour, and a discussion with Jon McCourt, prominent player in the story and peace activist, follows.
- Phi Beta Delta Induction Ceremony, 6 p.m., Grey Towers Castle Rose Room
Wednesday, Nov 16
- Presentation of LEAP Intern, 11 a.m.-noon, Grey Towers Castle Dining Room
- Higher Education in China: A Presentation by Dr. Xuchuan Xu, Landman Library University Room, 12:15-1 p.m.
Thursday, November 17
- Celebrating Cultures, Grey Towers Castle, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Celebrating Cultures is a student-run exhibition of Arcadia's many global connections. Learn about the geography, customs, food, dress, and music of cultures represented by members of the Arcadia community.
Friday, November 18
- Language Lunch, hosted by Modern Languages, Grey Towers Castle Rose Room, noon-1:30 p.m.