Ms. Kathryn Petersen
Assistant Professor of Theater Arts
Kathryn Petersen is a professional actress and playwright. As a member of the Actor's Equity Association, she has appeared regionally in over 60 productions. She was awarded the Emerging Artist Award from The Princess Grace Foundation and was nominated for Philadelphia's Best Actress Barrymore Award. Petersen is an Artistic Associate and resident company member of The People's Light & Theater Company located in Malvern PA. As a playwright, Petersen has had nine plays produced and two published (in 2006 by Dramatic Publishing.) She is a member of the Dramatist Guild of America. Over the past decade Petersen has taught and made theater with all ages, from elementary school children to adults, through classes, school residencies, summer programs and specialized workshops. She was a co-founder of The MUSE Theater Company which created original plays with young people in disadvantaged communities. She also created and directed original pieces with young people at the Devereux School.
- Petersen K. (April 19-29, 2007). Hearsay Commissioned and produced by Arcadia University.
- Petersen K. (November 14-December 30, 2007). Treasure Island, a musical panto of swashbuckling love, commissioned and produced by The People’s Light & Theater Company.
- Petersen K. Through the Glass Looking (2006) Dramatic Publishing
- Petersen K. Arthur's Stone, Merlin's Fire (2006) Dramatic Publishing
- Petersen K. (February 21-March 2, 2008) The role of Prospero in The Tempest at Arcadia University Theater.
- Petersen K. (January 18-February 11, 2007). The roles of Mrs. Barry and Miss Stacy, in the world premiere of Anne of Green Gables. The People’s Light & Theater Company.
- Petersen K. (March 9-April 8, 2007). The roles of Glory, Gayle, Marci and Rhonda in Almost, Maine at Act II Playhouse.
- Petersen K. (May 23-June 30, 2007). The role of Haley in the one woman play Bad Dates at Cape May Stage.
- The People’s Light & Theater Company