Q: What safety precautions are in place?
Student health, safety and security are critical to a high-quality learning experience abroad. These concerns are the priority of the Arcadia University College of Global Studies, which helps meet these needs by having Arcadia employees and offices in all of the countries to which Arcadia sends students. Arcadia is committed to:
- the ability for students and staff to be reachable at all times
- timely and effective communication with parents and/or home institutions in the event of an emergency being knowledgeable about local conditions and making resources available to students while they are abroad
- safe and secure housing
- access to appropriate health care
- medical insurance coverage for all students throughout the duration of their overseas programs
- promoting responsible student behavior
- providing support for special needs
- anticipating and avoiding emergency situations whenever possible and providing prompt and appropriate responses to those that do arise
- having clear and secure plans and procedures in each overseas office to facilitate students' safety in the event of an emergency
Q: What are the emergency protocols?
Support staff in Glenside can be reached from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern standard time at 1-866-927-2234. For matters of an emergent or urgent nature outside of these regular business hours, our College of Global Studies will provide specific contact information for your use.
If a student is overseas and is involved in an emergency situation, the student should either contact an emergency responder or the on-site staff immediately. If a student is unable to do so, a member of the Glenside staff should be contacted.
Each staff member has the emergency contact numbers for each of the overseas program sites. All of our overseas offices have emergency contact procedures in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our staff is able to contact students quickly and can relay information to Arcadia University promptly.
Q: What if a student needs medical attention while overseas?
Overseas staff will assist students who require medical attention. Arcadia University enrolls all participants in a health and accident insurance plan. This plan is offered through HTH Insurance at no additional cost. More information about the insurance plan will be provided after your student enrolls in one of Arcadia's programs.
Easton Hall, Room 244
Office of International Affairs
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038