Master of Education Degree Requirements (M.Ed.)
Art Education Concentration
(a minimum of 30 credits)
The degree program must be planned with an adviser to ensure that degree and/or certification requirements are satisfied.
1. Foundation Courses (6–9 credits) chosen with the adviser from the following:
2. Concentration Courses (15 credits)
- AE 400 The Uses of Theory in Art Education
- AE 408 Curriculum Design in Art Education
- ED 517 Human Development: The School Years, K–12
- ED 580 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- ED 601 Literacy Foundations
3. Electives (3–9 credits)
Electives in Fine Arts and/or Education may be chosen with the advice of the program coordinator and approval of the Fine Arts Department.
4. Culminating Activity
Arranged in consultation with the adviser at the time of completing the Degree Candidacy Application.