Art Education K–12
Pennsylvania Instructional Teacher Certification (variable credit depending on previous academic credentials)
- ED 503 General Foundations of Education in the United States
- ED 517 Human Development: The School Years
- ED 601 Literacy Foundations
- ED 580 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- AE 400 The Uses of Theory in Art Education
- AE 408 Curriculum Design in Art Education
- ED 565 Introduction to Instructional Technology
- ED 474 Graduate Student Teaching Practicum: Art Education K–12 (6 credits; credits not applicable to master’s degree) or ED 583B Fieldwork (for students holding a valid Pennsylvania Instructional I or II certificate) (3 credits; credits not applicable to master’s degree)
Additional Certification Requirements
1. Completion of all subject area coursework required to meet the general and specific certification standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This will be determined by the program coordinator.
2. A grade of “B” or better in the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum
3. Completion of all Praxis examinations is required prior to enrolling for the Student Teaching Practicum.
Pre-Professional Skills Tests: Passing scores on these tests may be required for admission to the program.
- Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (30511) Qualifying Score: 150
- Art: Content Knowledge (10134) Qualifying Score: 158 (new test as of 9/1/2011)