Mathematics Education 7–12
Pennsylvania Instructional Teacher Certification (variable credit depending on previous academic credentials)
- ED 503 General Foundations of Education in the United States
- ED 512 Differentiated Instruction in Inclusive Classrooms
- ED 523 The Teacher and the Classroom, Secondary
- ED 526B Learning and Assessment in Secondary Mathematics
- ED 565B Computers and Technology in the Mathematics Curriculum
- ED 580 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- ED 606 Strategic Instruction for Emergent and Content Area Literacy
- ED 622 ESL: Multicultural and Multilingual Literacies
- ED 471 Graduate Student Teaching Practicum: Secondary 7–12 (6 credits; credits not applicable to master’s degree or culminating activity) or ED 583B Fieldwork (for students holding a valid Pennsylvania Instructional I or II certificate) (3 credits; credits not applicable to the master’s degree)
Additional Certification Requirements
1. Completion of all subject area coursework required to meet the general and specific certification standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This will be determined by the program Coordinator.
2. A grade of “B” or better in the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum
3. Completion of all Praxis examinations is required prior to enrolling for the Student Teaching Practicum.
- Passing scores on Reading, Writing and Mathematics tests are required for admission to the program.
- Mathematics Content Knowledge (10061)
- Qualifying Score: 136