International Peace and Conflict Resolution 3+2 Admissions Criteria
Students must meet the minimum criteria for the Honors Program in order to be admitted to the program as a freshman. To be eligible for the 3+2 accelerated program, entering freshmen should score 1870 or better on the SAT or 28 on the ACT and be ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school class.
Students also may petition for entrance to the 3+2 program at the end of the first year. For continuation on to the M.A. level in the fourth year, the following standards must be met:
- Completion of the appropriate required first year courses in the major.
- The recommendation of at least one faculty member in the major, or in the IPCR program.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication.
- The maintenance of a 3.5 GPA.
- Enrollment in the 3+2 program is contingent on the completion of required courses in the allotted time frame and upon available space. Admissions decisions will be made by the Director and Assistant Director of International Peace and Conflict Resolution.