M.A. in Humanities Admission Requirements
Program-Specific Admissions Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, the following requirements must be met:
- A graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online at www.arcadia.edu/gradapp.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better with an undergraduate major in one of the Humanities disciplines. Applicants with other majors will be considered on an individual basis according to the extent of their undergraduate coursework in the Humanities.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted. Transcripts must be sent from the issuing school in a sealed envelope and contain the appropriate signatures and seals to be considered official.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional not personal nature. If the student has been out of school five years or less, at least one letter must come from a professor.
- A personal interview with the program Director.
- International applicants should visit www.arcadia.edu/international for detailed information on admission requirements and application procedures. Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS are required for all students for whom English is a second language or who have not earned degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g. the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand). A course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States also is required.
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Enrollment Management.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. Students may start in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester.
- Tuition for 2013-14: $720/credit
- Deferred Payment: $40
- Audit: $695/course
- Parking: $30/semester (fall and spring) before 4 p.m. No charge after 4 p.m.
Graduate students who have been accepted into a degree program and are enrolled for at least 6 credits per semester are eligible to apply for financial aid. Please visit www.arcadia.edu/financialaid for information regarding required forms and documents, most of which can be submitted online.
Graduate assistantships are available to all students registered for at least 9 credits per semester. Students may apply for assistantships upon acceptance and registration. Questions regarding graduate assistantships should be directed to the Graduate Studies Office at 215-572-2925.
Graduate students are eligible to borrow through the federal Stafford Loan and federal PLUS Loan programs. Arcadia University, in partnership with AES/PHEAA, offers the no-fee Arcadia University Preferred Stafford Loan Program, which provides students with benefits that include:
- Origination and guarantee fee waivers
- Interest rate reduction during repayment
- Superior administration and servicing
All financial aid paperwork not submitted online should be sent to the Office of Enrollment Management/Financial Aid. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-ARCADIA (1-877-272-2342) with additional questions.
Study Abroad Transfer Credit
In addition to policies regarding transfer credit, students may request transfer of a maximum of 9 credits of graduate study earned through the Arcadia University College of Global Studies, with prior written approval of their faculty adviser. Students who transferred credits taken prior to admission may transfer a total of 9 credits, including those taken through the Center.
- 0 entry-level transfer credits: Arcadia accepts 9 Center credits.
- 3 entry-level transfer credits: Arcadia accepts 6 Center credits.
- 6 entry-level transfer credits: Arcadia accepts 3 Center credits.