Master of Arts in Humanities Degree Requirement (M.A.H.)
Students will take a minimum of 36 credits.
1. Foundation Courses (18 credits)
- HU 500 Introductory Seminar in the Humanities
- HU 525 Philadelphia Seminar
- HU 650 Humanities Colloquium
- A minimum of one course in Literature*
- A minimum of one course in Fine Arts, Theatre or Music*
- A minimum of one course in History, Philosophy, Religion or International Studies*
*The Humanities Colloquium (HU 650) may be used to satisfy this requirement, depending on the topic.
2. Concentration Courses (9–18 credits)
A maximum of 18 credits in one area of concentration chosen from the following disciplines in consultation with the Director. Fine Arts studio courses require permission of the Chair of the Fine Arts Department.
- Art History
- Fine Arts
- International Studies
- Theatre Arts
3. Electives (0–9 credits)
4. Culminating Activity (3 credits)
View Course Descriptions