Admission to the M.B.A. Program, IMBA and Graduate Certificates
In addition to the general admission requirements, the following program-specific requirements must be met for admission to the M.B.A. and IMBA programs and Arcadia Graduate Certificates:
- An M.B.A/Graduate certificate application, including personal statements, to be completed online at www.arcadia.edu/gradapp. IMBA applicants for Paris, France complete online through AGSBE. IMBA applicants for Singapore, Republic of Singapore, complete online through Aventis.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better. Transcripts should reflect evidence of completion of accounting, finance and economics courses with a grade of B or better. Students lacking accounting, economics or finance coursework may be admitted conditionally to the program. Conditionally admitted students must complete two business fundamental courses prior to beginning the first core MBA/IMBA course.
- An official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted. Transcripts must be sent from the issuing school in a sealed envelope and contain the appropriate signatures and seals to be considered official.
- Two professional letters of recommendation. If the student has been out of school five years or less, at least one letter must come from a professor.
- A minimum of three years of work experience. Applicants with exceptional undergraduate records with less work experience may be considered.
- A current professional résumé.
- Applicants for the MBA with a Global Perspective program are required to submit a signed Statement of Intent to Study Abroad form, which is included with the application for admission. .
- International applicants should visit www.arcadia.edu/international for detailed information on admissions requirements and application procedures. Official results from the TOEFL (minimum score of: 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test or 80 on the new Internet-based test) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5) or ITEP (minimum score of 5.0) are required for all students for whom English is a second language except for non-native speakers of English who hold degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g. the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand). A course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States also is required.
All of the above information must be submitted by an applicant in order to be considered for acceptance.
Application materials will be reviewed throughout the year. Semester start dates for the M.B.A. program will be the fall, spring and summer semesters of each academic year.
An accepted student who wants to defer his or her admission for one year must submit a request in writing to the Dean’s Office. Deferrals will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Once a deferral is granted, the student must submit the required deposit to reserve a seat in the class. This deposit will be credited toward tuition. A student who is granted a deferral must understand that he or she will be subject to the prevailing tuition at the time of matriculation to the program.