Physician Assistant Expenses
Approximate costs are calculated annually and subject to change. Please note that all tuition listed is for 2012-13.
M.M.S. (Physician Assistant)
For students entering in May of 2012, tuition for the two-year Master of Medical Science (Physician Assistant) program is as follows:
- Year One: $34,650 (Includes Summer, Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Year Two: $34,650 (Includes Summer, Fall and Spring Semesters)
Fees and Expenses Not Covered By Tuition
- Technology/Lab Fee (paid over the life of the program): $1,200
- AAPA Student Membership (required) (one-time fee that expires four months after date of graduation): $75
- Mandatory clearances, which include criminal background checks, immunization tracking, child abuse screening, etc. Additional costs associated with drug screening varies upon clinical rotation: $225
- Estimated books, supplies and medical equipment
Didactic phase: $1,500
Clinical phase: $500
- Fees (registration and parking): $165/year
- Students are required to cover housing and transportation costs related to all off-campus and clinical experiences.
Upon enrollment into their programs, all students must provide proof of medical insurance and also provide information about their health and medical history. If needed, medical insurance can be purchased through the University. Information and applications are available in the Office of the Student Health Services.