Requirements for the Minor in Psychology
(28 credits as listed below)
The minor in Psychology provides a basic background in psychology for non-majors as part of their liberal arts education. The minor is especially valuable for students in the natural sciences preparing for graduate or professional study with a behavioral component, or for students in Mathematics and Computer Science whose work involves communication with behavioral scientists, or for students in Communications interested in processing of information, or for students in Sociology interested in social work.
Students who want to complete a minor in Psychology should consult with the Department Chair.
1. Six courses in Psychology
- PY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- PY 142 Research Methods
- PY 221, 222 Psychology as a Natural Science
2. Two Psychology electives.
3. One course in Mathematics
- MA 141 Elementary Statistics