Arcadia University recognizes the value of non-traditional learning. A homeschooler's experience can bring a fresh perspective that enhances the campus community. Arcadia encourages home-educated students to apply for admission.
1. Application for Admission
2. SAT or ACT scores
3. Two letters of recommendation. One should be from an evaluator or teacher and the other can be from a second teacher, an employer, or another adult who can effectively assess academic abilities. Please note that recommendations from family members will be considered in addition to two (2) recommendations from unrelated individuals.
4. One or more of the following:
- State Approved Diploma
- GED (To locate a testing center near you, please visit http://gedtestingservice.com/testers/locate-a-testing-center)
- Comprehensive representation of the homeschool curriculum (grades 9-12). This can be provided in any combination of the following: portfolio, course outlines, syllabi, log book, etc.
- Grade report and/or sample works of the student representing a variety of subjects and spanning the four years of the student's secondary education. Evaluator's reports are also helpful.
5. A personal one-on-one meeting with an Enrollment Management Counselor is not required but is strongly recommended.
Optional Supplemental Materials:*
- SAT II Subject Tests
- AP Test Scores
- CLEP Exam Scores
- Additional writing samples or course material (e.g., science lab report)
- Any other relevant material that the student would like to submit
*These materials often can be helpful in determining a student's scholarship potential
Need more information? Contact our homeschool admissions counselor, Tamara Lapman at 1-877-ARCADIA (1-877-272-2342) or email@example.com.