Accepted Bachelor's Degree International Students

Declaration of Finances

After you are informed of your admissions decision, you will be instructed by the Office of Enrollment Management how to submit your Declaration of Finances if you plan to enroll.

**Please do not send any Financial Documents at the time you are sending Academic Credentials. Arcadia will only ask for Financial Documents after an admissions decision is made.

Your Declaration of Finances must demonstrate that you or a sponsor have enough liquid funds to cover the cost of one year of your Arcadia education minus any scholarships you receive. Currently, the cost for one year of study for our Undergraduate Programs is approximately $49,300 USD.

Your Declaration of Finances must include the following financial documents / information:

Official Copies of your sponsor’s (or your) bank statements demonstrating sufficient funds. The Bank Statement must show the following:

  1. The Bank’s Official Name and Official Seal
  2. Your Full Legal Name (or your Sponsors)
  3. Three (3) Consecutive months of transactions from February, March, and April (if you are beginning in the Fall Semester)
  4. Three (3) consecutive months of transactions from September, October and November (if you are beginning in the Spring Semester)
  5. The Official Currency of the Statement

If you have a Sponsor, your sponsor will need to submit a Letter of Support.  The Letter must state the following:

Your Sponsors Full Legal Name
The Relationship Between You and your Sponsor
The Monetary Amount of Support to be given from the Bank Account
The Duration of the Financial Support

Depositing at Arcadia

Once your Declaration is reviewed and approved by both the Office of Enrollment Management and the Office of International Affairs, you will be instructed as to how to deposit to Arcadia University. There are 3 different ways for students to deposit:

  1. Deposit online at
  2. Send a US Check or Money Order
  3. A Wire Transfer of funds

**As each way to deposit has different information required for the transaction to go through, please let the Office of Enrollment know how you plan to deposit, and you will be given instructions as to how to deposit.

The deposit amount is $400 USD for a student who plans to live on campus, or a $200 USD for a student who plans to live off campus.


In order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa, you must present an I-20 or DS-2019 form issued by Arcadia University to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The Office of International Affairs will issue the I-20 or DS-2019 once your Declaration of Finances is reviewed and accepted. You will receive the -20 or DS-2019 form and enrollment packet via express mail. You should apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Please call the office in your country to see what documentation is required for the visa application. A helpful website is:

Please remember that you will need to schedule an interview as part of the process and that the application procedures may have changed since 9/11/01. Many consular posts now only process F-1 or J-1 visa applications by mail. Therefore, you should allow plenty of time for the process, keeping in mind that the busiest months for consular sections are June, July and August. You should plan to have your Declaration of Finances submitted in early May, so the review process can begin as quickly as possible.

SEVIS 901 Fee

Please note that Arcadia University will credit individuals’ student account for the $100 SEVIS 901 fee once they receive their F-1 visa and register for courses at Arcadia. For more information about the SEVIS 901 fee, please visit


Request More InformationQuestionsApply Now

The English Language Institute

Tour Arcadia
Meet Arcadia Students through blogs and profiles
Follow us on Facebook

Contact Us

Office of Enrollment Management
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038 USA

(1-877-272-2342) or