Minor in Healthcare Administration
(24 credits as listed below)
The minor in Healthcare Administration is designed to provide non-health administration majors with an overview of the health-care field.
Students majoring in Business Administration can minor in Healthcare Administration by completing four courses that are not required for the Business Administration major. These include: HA 150 and HA 320; one course from item “4” below; and Nutrition (HE 581 Nutritional Science and Human Needs), a Public Health course (PBH), or Independent Study in Health Care.
1. Two courses in Healthcare Administration
- HA 150 Introduction to Healthcare Services
- HA 320 Healthcare Planning and Policy
2. Two courses in Business Administration
- BA 201 Financial Accounting
- One Business course chosen in consultation with adviser
3. Two courses in Economics
- EC 210 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC 211 Principles of Microeconomics
4. One course in Public Health:
- PBH 110 Introduction to Public Health
5. Computer proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing and databases is recommended. Students who lack this background should take CS 104 Computer as a Tool.