A Majors Abroad Program (MAP)
The Degree in Sports Management
- Prepares students for careers in the sports industry
- A full year of study abroad
- Sports management courses at Bond University, located on the Gold Coast in Australia
- Real-world experiences through case studies, computer simulations, and internships in Australia and the United States
- Experiential, hands-on integrative learning through case studies and computer simulations
With the creation of new sports leagues and teams comes increased demand for sports management professionals. The Sports Management degree, with its strong business core, is an advantage for those entering the sports industry.
Two internships are required, one in Australia and the other in the United States. These internships strengthen a student’s background in sports management by providing a basis for comparison of the sports industry in two countries and by offering additional networking opportunities.
Pathways to Study Abroad in Sports Management
This is a Major Abroad Program (MAP) that requires study abroad for a full year in the junior year, at Bond University in Australia. In this program there are specialized courses offered at Bond University that are required for the degree. With prior approval, other courses taken at Bond University can be transferred to Arcadia to fulfill Undergraduate Curriculum, including major, requirements. Since it is important that students plan ahead for study abroad, they should consult with the adviser for Sports Management as early as possible to make their intentions known to the School of Global Business and the Associate Dean of International Affairs.
- Australia: Internships at local sports clubs are arranged by Bond University and Arcadia University’s Australia Internship Program.
- United States: Arcadia business students have completed internships with local sports teams, including 76ers, the Flyers, the Philadelphia Union (soccer), the Wachovia Center, and the Sovereign Bank Center in New Jersey.
Graduate Education Opportunities
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy: Sports Management majors who complete the prerequisites for Pre-PT can qualify for the Arcadia University D.P.T. program.
- Master’s in Business Administration: Sports Management majors with a few years of work experience can qualify for the Arcadia University M.B.A. program with a Global Perspective.