About Summer Sessions
Every May through August, Arcadia University offers Summer Sessions.
Over three distinct sessions, Summer Sessions at Arcadia:
- Builds on the foundation of the university’s Academic Affairs mission by striving to meet the needs of the rapidly changing career market
- Offers and supports programs to meet the educational needs of students, alumni, and the local community
- Provides access to on-campus, online, and blended courses and special programs
- Maintains its commitment to the Arcadia Promise
- Welcomes both Arcadia students and visiting students from other colleges and universities
- Features accelerated courses, flexible timeframes, personal attention, and comparatively smaller class sizes
Catch Up, Stay on Track, Get Ahead
Summer Sessions allows students of all types to maximize their learning opportunities. Whether staying on track or ahead of their degree-completion requirements, or adding desired additional knowledge to their interests or skill sets, summer is an ideal time to continue your educational pursuits.
Courses are accelerated and at varying durations and locations, making it easier to graduate or complete a program in a shorter period of time. This is particularly beneficial to teachers who need to maximize their course load in the summer, and to undergraduates who want to lighten their course load required in upcoming semesters. Summer Sessions features:
- One to three week intensive courses
- Two, Five and half week face-to-face sessions
- Partially Online (blended) Courses
- Fully Online Accelerated Courses
- Institutes – One weekend, plus four weeks online
Summer Welcomes Visiting Students
Arcadia welcomes visiting students from other colleges and universities. Visiting undergraduates may take up to 9 credits before having to apply or see an academic advisor. Students returning home for the summer have a choice to take selected classes face-to-face on Arcadia’s two campuses (Glenside or King of Prussia) or fully online.
Visiting graduate students are permitted to take up to 9 credits before having to matriculate into a program; and with accelerated summer courses, many students meet that maximum in one summer.
- Phone: 484-804-2322
- E-mail: Margi Wallace, Director, Center for Summer Learning at Arcadia, firstname.lastname@example.org
||Director, Center for Summer Learning at Arcadia
Director, Center for Summer