The Certificate in Transition to Post Secondary Life
Start this summer and complete in one academic year!
certificate provides advanced training in the secondary transition process
through which young adults with disabilities prepare for life after high
school. Students learn transition-related regulations, policies, and procedures, and best practices in assessment, instruction and curriculum and inter-agency collaboration. The Certificate in Transition to Post Secondary Life is geared towards transition coordinators, special educators, special education administrators, counselors and occupational therapists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, community based educators, parents, advocates, or any individual in education or adult services.
- ED670: Transition Planning and Services (3 credits)
- ED671: Transition Assessment (3 credits)
- ED672: Partnerships for Successful Transition (3 credits)
- ED673: Transition Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
- Mandatory attendance at a Summer Seminar/Orientation at start of program (fee required)
Remaining coursework (9 credits) can be completed within one academic year during fall 2015 and spring 2016.
- ED670.OL1: Transition Planning and Services
3 credits, online, May 17-July 3
Director, Center for Summer