Anna C. McAleer
Adjunct Professor of Business Administration
An adjunct professor of business at Arcadia University since 1989, Anna McAleer teaches introductory and upper level finance courses. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. in Spanish from LaSalle College and also received her M.B.A. with a specialization in Finance from LaSalle College.
McAleer is interested in the use of technology to enhance the student experience in the classroom and frequently teaches both hybrid and online courses. In addition to Principles of Finance and Advanced Financial Management, she has taught Principles of Marketing, Introduction to International Business and Health Care Finance. She has served as a faculty participant in Italy Preview, the Policy Strategy Board, and Corporate Style: Dress for Success.
McAleer is also an instructor at La Salle University, where she teaches First Year Odyssey, Business Perspectives, Fundamentals of Financial Management and Financial Accounting. She is a faculty participant in the School of Business Administration recruitment activities, Bankers Day, Executives on Campus, and the Johnson and Johnson Guest Speaker series. She organizes First Book Literacy Events for La Salle University in conjunction with KPMG. McAleer has also taught at Villanova University, Gwynedd Mercy College, Holy Family University, and Cabrini College.
McAleer has been actively involved in community governance at Lake Naomi Club in Pocono Pines, PA since 1998. She is a past chair of the Recreation Committee, the Long Range Planning Committee and the Board of Governors, and she was instrumental in the project planning of the new multi-million dollar Community Center. She is a past Treasurer of the Board of Trustees and currently serves as Vice President.
Publications and Presentations
- McAleer, A. C., and K. Wentzel. 2008. Linking Introductory Tech and Accounting Courses. Pennsylvania CPA Journal (Fall): 24.
- McAleer, A.C. and K. Wentzel. 2009. Integration is Key to Enhancing Freshman Technology Skills. New Accountant Magazine Issue 733
- Using Google Tools to Enhance Learning
Presented at Arcadia University Faculty Technology Workshop June 2010.
- Use of Financial Internet Resources for Collaboration and Learning
Presented at SEPCHE Faculty Conference May 2009
Presented at McGraw-Hill/Irwin Technology in Corporate Finance Focus Group October 1-2, 2009.
- Use of Technology Resources in the Classroom
Presented at Arcadia University Adjunct Faculty Meeting, October 2008.
- Online Version of Principle of Finance based on Blackboard platform
Presented at SEPCHE Faculty Conference January 2003.
Research in Progress
- Enhancing the Link between Technology and Accounting in Introductory Courses: Evidence from Students (with Kristin Wentzel)
- SEPCHE Teagle Foundation Building Faculty Capacity for 2l" Century Teaching, Virtual Prep: Transforming Thinking About Teaching in Preparing for the Online Classroom (with Susan Pierce) 2012
- SEPCHE Faculty Enrichment for Lifelong Learning Grant to develop an online version of Principles of Finance based on the Blackboard platform 2003
- Cengage Accounting Technology Focus Group, April 2011
- Cengage Accounting CNOW Technology Review of Warren/Reeve/Duchac books, January 2012