Coordinator of School Counseling Program
She earned her B.S. in Special Education and Elementary Education at The Pennsylvania State University in 1980 and a Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services from Villanova University in 1986. She was a special education teacher for six years in the private and public schools. She is currently a practicing school counselor and has been for the past 27 years working in both the Philadelphia School District and Upper Merion Area School District.
She was awarded the Ken Child Counselor of the Year by the Montgomery County Counseling Association in 2008 where she now serves as past president. In 2010, she was selected as the School Counselor of the Year by the American School Counselor’s Association. She currently serves as a Director on the Board of ASCA. She was awarded Adjunct Faculty of the Year at Arcadia University in 2011. She has been an adjunct professor at Arcadia for the past nine years. She has presented at numerous conferences at the local, state and national level. See below for a listing of professional presentations.
Representative Workshops and Presentations
- Work Smarter, Not Harder - PSCA Conference, 2012 Lancaster, PA
- How to Make Homework More Bearable - Caley Elementary School, 2000 - 2012
- Siblings Are Special - PSCA Conference, 2011, Lancaster, PA
- Winning Counselors, Winning Programs - ASCA Conference, 2010 Boston, MASS
- School Counselor Principal Partnerships - ASCA Conference, 2009 Dallas, Texas, and Lancaster, PA
- Implementing the ASCA Model - The Elementary Way - ASCA Conference, 2008 Atlanta, GA