Dr. Karen Lawson
Adjunct Professor of Business Administration
Karen Lawson, founder and president of Lawson Consulting Group, Inc., is an international speaker, consultant, executive coach, and author, specializing in organization and management development. A much sought-after speaker, she conducts enlightening, energizing, and entertaining seminars and keynotes in the areas of leadership, communications, and team development across a wide range of industries including financial services, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, health care, government, and nonprofit organizations. In her work with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses, she uses her experience and knowledge of human interaction and relationships to help leaders at all levels make a difference in their organizations.
She is one of only 350 people worldwide to have earned the designation of Certified Speaking Professional awarded by the 3,500-member National Speakers Association. She was named as one of Pennsylvania’s “Best 50 Women in Business” as well as one of the Philadelphia Business Journal’s “Women of Distinction.”
Karen holds a doctorate in Adult and Organizational Development and is the author of 13 books on the subjects of influencing, coaching, communications, and training. She has published dozens of articles in professional journals. She has presented at many national and international professional conferences and teaches Leadership for Effective Organizations in Arcadia’s M.B.A. program.
Known for her outstanding ability as an interactive speaker, she informs, inspires, and involves her audiences as she shares her insights and practical tips and techniques for getting results both personally and professionally.
- The Trainer’s Handbook of Leadership Development. Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 2011.
- Leadership Development Basics, American Society for Training and Development, 2009.
- The Trainer’s Handbook. Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 1996; 2d edition, 2006; updated edition, 2008.
- Train-the-Trainer Facilitator’s Guide. Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 1996.
- New Employee Orientation Training. American Society for Training and Development, 2002.
- 50 Communication Skills Activities. HRDQ, 2000.
- Improving Workplace Performance Through On-the-Job Training. American Society for Training and Development, 1998.
- Improving On-the-Job Training and Coaching. American Media, 1998.
- Involving Your Audience – Making It Active. Allyn & Bacon, 1997.
- The Art of Influencing. Kendall-Hunt, 1996.
Chapters in Collections
- Twenty Active Training Programs, Volumes II and III published by Pfeiffer and Company - contributed two modules and helped edit entire volume.
- Training and Performance Sourcebooks (1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002) published by McGraw-Hill.
- The ASTD Handbook of Training Design and Delivery published by McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- The Consultant’s Tool Kit published by McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- What Smart Trainers Know published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 2001.
- Speaking is an Audience-Centered Sport published by Career Skills Press, 2007.
- Pfeiffer Annual 2008 published by Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, 2007.