Dr. Linda Mascavage
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Dr. Mascavage’s research is focused on the synthesis and spectroscopic properties of novel thiazolidinones; syntheses of azasugars and aurocycles; gas phase electrophilic hydrochlorination reactions; and molecular modeling.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Linda M. Mascavage, Philip E. Sonnet, David R. Dalton, “Gas Phase Hydrochlorination Reactions of Isoprene: Experiment and Theory”. ORGN-220, 244th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA; August 19 and 20, 2012.
- David R. Dalton, Linda M. Mascavage, John Tierney, Fan Zhang-Plasket, Frances Costello, Philip E. Sonnet, Michael Haugh, "Hydrochlorinatioon of Alkenes and Alkynes". ORGN-58, 243rd ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA; March 25, 2012 (Invited plenary presentation).
- Celia Foster*, Linda M. Mascavage, "Slippery Substrates: The Testing of Poly(ethylene glycol) as a Lubricious Coating", 60, Philadelphia Section ACS Meeting, 12th Annual Student Poster Presentations, Philadelphia, PA; February 23, 2012
- Linda M. Mascavage, Serge Jasmine, Philip E. Sonnet, Michael Wilson, David R. Dalton, “Alkaloids”, Ullman’s Encyclopedia Of Industrial Chemistry, 2011, Wiley-YCH, DOI: 10.1002/14356007.a01_353.pub2, 1-132.
- L. M. Mascavage, J. Tierney, P. E. Sonnet and D. R. Dalton, " The Hoffmann-Schiff dichotomy:on the reaction between chloral and amines" Archive for Organic Chemistry (ARKIVOC), 2010 : Commemorative Issue in Honor of Dr. Bruce E. Maryanoff and Dr. Cynthia A. Maryanoff ARKAT-USA : 2010 278-284.
- Linda M. Mascavage, Fan Zhang-Plasket, Philip E. Sonnet, David R. Dalton, “Gas Phase Surface-Catalyzed HCl Addition to Vinylacetylene: Motion Along a Catalytic Surface. Experiment and Theory”, Tetrahedron 2008, 64, 9357-9367.
- Philip E. Sonnet, Linda M. Mascavage, David R. Dalton, “First Steps. The Attack of the Carbonyl Carbon of Pyridoxal Cofactor in Pyridoxal-Dependent Enzymes”, Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters 2008, 18, 744-748.
- John Tierney, Vladislov Koyfmann, Kevin Cannon, Linda Mascavage, Anthony Lagalante, “A Second Study – Predicting the 13C Chemical Shifts for a Series of Substituted 3-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-phenyl-1,3-thoazolidin-4-ones”, Heterocyclic Communications 2008, 6, 1.
- Linda M. Mascavage, Fan Zhang-Plasket, Philip E. Sonnet and David R. Dalton, "Surface Catalyzed HCl(g) addition to Vinylacetylene(g): Motion Along A Catalytic Surface. Experiment and Theory", ORGN-627, 236th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA; August 20, 2008.
- Linda M. Mascavage, John Tierney, Philip E. Sonnet and David R. Dalton, "The Hoffmann-Schiff Dichotomy: Reactions Between Chloral and Amines”, ORGN-628, 236th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia, PA; August 18 and 20, 2008.
- John Tierney et.al., Linda M. Mascavage, Anthony F. Lagalante, "Substituent Effects Using 13C Chemical Shifts for a Series of Substituted 2-Phenyl-3-pyridin-2-yl-1,3-thiazolidin-4-ones with a Comparison to Similarly Substituted 1,3-Thiazolidin-4-ones", Heterocyclic Comm. 2007, 13, 335-342.
- Linda M. Mascavage, David R. Dalton and Philip E. Sonnet, "Surface Participation During Imine Formation": 10, Philadelphia Organic Chemists' Day, Philadelphia, PA, April 19, 2007; ORGN-63, 39th A.C.S. Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting, Collegeville, PA, May 24, 2007; and ORGN-521, 234th ACS National Meeting, Boston, MA, August 21, 2007.
- David R. Dalton, Linda M. Mascavage, and Philip E. Sonnet “Proton Transfer During Pyridoxal Catalyzed Processes”, 47, Gordon Research Conference, Biddeford, ME; July 10, 2007
American Chemical Society and National Science Foundation