Incoming Transfer Students
Your Next Steps
Where to Find Stuff: Forms, Resources & FAQs
Watch Your Mail
Watch your mail—both postal and e-mail—for a Welcome to Arcadia newsletter and other events, a New Student Orientation newsletter, Health Information, and more! There are many things you can do to help ease your transition to college. Most of your preparations will take place in the spring and summer.
Make Your Deposit
- Housing Priority. Preference of residence halls for housing assignments is based upon the date of receipt of your deposit to the University.
- Check out Residence Life at Arcadia. Once you deposit, you can access the Arcadia University Online Housing Portal on MyArcadia to complete your housing registration.
Log in to MyArcadia
- You’ve got mail! Access your Arcadia e-mail on our campus portal, MyArcadia (http://my.arcadia.edu)
- Your username and instructions will be sent with your “Welcome to Arcadia” newsletter in early 2015 (or after you deposit). You’ll set your password when you log in for the first time. If you need help, contact email@example.com (available 24/7) or call the Office of Enrollment Management at 215-572-2910.
- Find all of the online forms you’ll need to submit on MyArcadia. Once you log in, go to the New Students tab.
- Join the New Transfer Students Facebook group
- Find links to campus information—including the weekly Bulletin with news and events.
Learn About Your Curricular Choices
- Get ready for the journey of your life! Find out more about your Undergraduate Curriculum—your opportunity to explore the world, design your own path, and make intellectual connections.
- University Seminars will be an exciting part of your academic program at Arcadia. Topics are posted by mid-March.
Plan for Summer Orientation
Get ready to explore Arcadia. You will receive an Orientation Packet in the mail containing information and forms. If your summer schedule is filling up already, take a peek at the Summer Orientation Dates. When you receive the Orientation Packet, register on MyArcadia for a Summer Orientation date that fits your schedule. Note: Summer Orientation is when you will submit your course preferences and take placement exams (see below).
Watch for Health Information Mailing
The third mailing you will receive is a Health Packet containing information about Student Health Services and some forms you will need to complete. All students need a physical from a physician and vaccinations, including the meningitis vaccination for resident students. You can get a head start by calling your doctor’s office now. Health forms are available online through MyArcadia or at www.arcadia.edu/studenthealth.
Accommodations Due to a Disability
- If you require any accommodations due to a disability, you must complete the Disabilities Support Services Identification Form.
- If you will need accommodations for placement inventories (such as extended time) at Orientation, or if you have any questions about services for students with disabilities (including learning disabilities or AD/HD), please contact the Director of Academic Development, Linda Pizzi at 215-572-4086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call our office to make an appointment to finalize all accommodation requests for Fall 2015. It is best to meet at least two weeks before classes begin. (Classes begin on September 2, 2015.)
- If you have special needs for which special assistance from the Student Health Center or Counseling Center would be of value, appointments can be set up to meet the appropriate staff.
- PLEASE NOTE: To receive accommodations, students must provide educational or medical documentation that specifies the required accommodations. Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans from a student’s high school or previous college are not accepted for this purpose. Testing documentation should be no more than three years old.
Save the Date for Fall Orientation
Fall Orientation builds on Summer Orientation with time to meet other students, have fun, and get to know the campus, all in an effort to ensure you have a smooth transition. Transfer students have two options: They may participate in the traditional Fall Orientation, Friday, August 28 through Tuesday, September 1, or at a minimum, they must attend a condensed version of Fall Orientation on September 1. Information about registering for either will be available over the summer.
There are two academic tasks that new students need to complete before arriving for Summer Orientation:
Note: Not all transfers take all the inventories, some transfer students don’t take any inventories.
The first task is reviewing the practice placement inventories. Part of a summer orientation day is taking placement inventories. Everyone will take a writing inventory and a math placement inventory during a summer orientation day and students interested in a science major or a pre-professional program that requires chemistry will also take the physical science placement. Practice math and practice physical science placement inventories are available to you online. Log in to MyArcadia and go to the “New Student Placement Exam” box. You are also able to access the practice inventories at: www.arcadia.edu/mathplacement and www.arcadia.edu/mathsciplacement. Students transferring in less than 57 credits will also take the modern language placement inventory.
Summer Reading for Fall Orientation
Orientation to the Arcadia University consists of many facets, not the least of which is an orientation to academic life. As a way of helping you to become an active member of our academic community, it is our tradition to ask new students to read a book during the summer, with the expectation that you will be part of a small discussion group during August orientation. The group discussions will be just like many of your classroom experiences at Arcadia.
This year's book will be announced in May.
One-on-One Financial Aid Appointments
Meet one-on-one with an Enrollment Management Counselor to have your financial aid questions reviewed. Receive assistance filing your financial aid paperwork, or review your aid package, if one has been prepared. Appointments are available Thursdays, 3–6 p.m. Scheduling ahead of time is strongly encouraged. To make your appointment, call 877-ARCADIA, option 2.
Contact Collene Pernicello, Director of Undergraduate Admissions, at email@example.com.