Student Health Services & Hours
Office Hours| Physician Hours | Services Available
Student Health Services (SHS) is staffed by certified nurse practitioners, part-time physicians and secretarial support. Students are assessed and treated for illness and injuries by nurse practitioners with physician consultation and referral when necessary.
Emergencies are seen immediately during our hours of operation. After-hour emergencies or those which cannot be handled at Student Health Services are sent to area hospitals using private transportation or ambulance as necessary.
BEGINNING JANUARY 2014: Closed for lunch from 12-12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please call 215-572-2999 in the event of an emergency during that time.
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4:45 p.m.
Medical Staff Hours
- Monday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; 12:30-4 p.m.
Walk-in: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Appointments Only: Monday-Fridays, 12:30 - 4 p.m. Call 215-572-2966 to schedule.
Please note: Travel medicine, physicals, blood draws, and women’s health exams need an appointment.
Emergencies Only: Monday-Friday, after 4 p.m.
Physicians have office hours during the week on a limited basis. The nurse practitioners refer all patients to the physicians. Additionally, all allergy serum injections must be scheduled during physician's hours.
- Monday: 3-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Summary of Services
- Evaluation and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries; such as: Strep Throat, Bronchitis, Ear infections, Skin infections, Migraines, Orthopedic injuries, Urinary tract infection, Gastrointestinal, Seasonal/drug allergy
- Allergy injections (during MD hours only)
- Physical exams and immunizations
- Work or Driver’s License Physicals
- Women’s health care
- Sexual health information and/or counseling; birth control options
- Some Travel Medicines
- Referrals to specialists and campus community resources including Counseling Center Staff and Alcohol and Other Drug Educator/Counselor when necessary
- Student Health Services cannot perform admission physicals. The "Physical" portion of the Health Record must be completed prior to the student's arrival on campus.
For an Emergency:
Dial Ext. 2999 or
To Make an
Student Health Services
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038
Heinz Hall, Ground Floor
215-572-2966 or ext. 2966