Counseling Services Fast Facts
For Students and Parents
Counseling Services functions to support students in their quest for academic success. We hope to help you in your transition and adjustment to Arcadia.
- Our services are available as early as move-in day. Our goal is early and regular assessment.
- We help students: handle breakups or separations; deal with homesickness; handle depression and anxiety; develop coping skills; address family issues, etc.
- We are open Monday to Friday with some evening hours. Emergencies off hours are handled by members of the Residence Life Staff.
- If a student chooses to use the Counseling Services, the counselor then needs the student’s permission to contact a third party, including parents. The only exception to this is if the student is in imminent danger of hurting him/herself or someone else. In these cases, families, guardians or Student Affairs are alerted.
- CLICK HERE for an extensive resource list if you need continued care for a pre-existing condition.
For an Emergency:
Dial Ext. 2999 or
Heinz Hall, Ground Floor