2013 Fall Orientation Information
Parents and Family | Schedule Overview | Questions?
The Fall Orientation program is designed, with input from current students, to meet the many needs of new students. All new full-time students are expected to attend the program which begins Friday, August 23 and ends Tuesday, August 27. Classes begin on Wednesday, August 28.
When you arrive on campus, you will be greeted by the Orientation Leaders or OLs. These are current students who have volunteered their time to help new students make the adjustment to the University. Every new student will be assigned to a group that is led by OLs. These students will be your guides through the weekend.
Parents and Family
Parents and family members are encouraged to attend the activities on the first day of Fall Orientation, August 23. The programs are designed with the specific needs and interests of parents and family members in mind. Parents will also receive separate mailings over the summer with additional information.
2013 Schedule Overview
Friday, August 23 - Opening Day!
- New students can check in beginning at 8 a.m. in the Kuch Center.
- At 11 a.m. everyone will gather for the official welcome to the University.
- Separate programs will be offered for parents and students during the day.
- Parents depart at 4:30 p.m. following the Parents' Network and President's Reception
- Activities for new students continue into the night!
Saturday, August 24 - Tuesday, August 27
A variety of activities, workshops and group meetings will be held to answer the questions you have and to give you the information you need to be successful at Arcadia University.
Wednesday, August 28
Classes begin for all students.